To backup a DVD disc to computer hard drive, there are basically 2 ways. One is to backup DVD in other formats, such as MP4, MPEG2, WMV, etc. The other one is to backup DVD in original formats. This guide will introduce you the 2 ways in details.
Option 1. Backup DVD in Other Formats
Magic DVD Ripper, providing high-quality for ripping DVD, enables users to convert CSS, RCE UOP, APS, Disney or Sony ARccOS encrypted DVD and homemade DVDs to video and audio in all popular formats like AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, FLV and more. Free download Magic DVD Ripper and have a try.
1. Launch Magic DVD Ripper and click the Convert tab.
2. Insert a DVD into the drive, the program will automatically load information from the disc.
3. Specify the destination.
4. Choose a proper title, audio and subtitle.
5. Choose a proper profile from the Profile dropdown list. You can choose "[More profiles ...]" to see all profiles.
6. Press the "Start" button to start ripping.
Just in 20-40 minutes, you can backup a DVD in other formats, such as AVI,VCD, WMV, MP4, and also device formats directly, such as Apple TV, PSP, iPad.
Option 2. Backup DVD in Original Format
Magic DVD Copier enables users to copy/backup all kinds of DVDs to computer local hard drives and clone/burn onto a new blank/erasable DVD disc in 1:1 mode without any loss of quality. Free download Magic DVD Copier and have a try.
1. Run Magic DVD Copier and insert DVD disc to your computer drive. The DVD information will show on the software interface automatically.
2. Click “Browse” button behind “Target” to choose a hard drive to save the copied DVD file.
3. Choose Full Disc as copy mode.
4. Click “Start” to copy the DVD movie.
Just in 20-40 minutes, you can backup full DVD movie in original format to you computer hard drive.
This software is excellent and well worth the money spent to buy it. Guys you wont be sorry buying this product to backup your movies. I recommend taking both MagicDVDRipper and Copier as bundle. -- Gerald
Excellent product. I am yet to use a DVD ripper so effective and easy to use. -- Anuj Sehgal
Excellent program! Other dvd rippers gave me choppy audio and video, but this dvd ripper has always worked perfectly!
Magic DVD ripper is great for everything else. Bulletproof in defeating copy protection; good speed on encoding. I've paid for lifetime upgrades and would like to get this working at a higher quality. --- Randy Steck
a professional DVD ripping software available in the market for quite a long time. --- reviews from techulator.com