A DVD-9 disc is 7.95GB, but a blank DVD disc is 4.38GB. To make a DVD-9 movie fit on blank DVD discs, Magic DVD Ripper will copy the beginning of main movie, menus and extras on disc 1, the rest of main movie on disc 2.
1. Launch Magic DVD Ripper and click the "Backup" tab.
2. Insert your DVD into your DVD-ROM drive.
3. Specify the destination to save the copied dvd files.
3. Choose the "Split DVD-9 into two DVD-5 discs" option.
4. Press the "Start" button to start ripping.
Launch Nero, and when the new compilation window comes up select DVD from the dropdown list, then select DVD-Video:
Press the New button. Then you'll be presented with 2 windows, on the left you'll see the compilation, on the right you'll see a file browser much like windows explorer. Drag and drop the VIDEO_TS folder under the Disc1 folder (For example, it's "G:\movies\SALVADOR\Disc1\VIDEO_TS\" in the illustration above) to the compilation window as shown below.
Then press the burn button, select the write speed and press the write button to start burning.
1. Insert a new blank DVD disc.
2. Press the New button to build a new DVD-Video compilation.
3. Drag and drop the VIDEO_TS folder under the Disc2 folder (For example, it's "G:\movies\SALVADOR\Disc2\VIDEO_TS\" in the illustration above) to the compilation window.
4. Press the burn button, select the write speed and press the write button to start burning.
Return to Magic DVD Ripper
Download Magic DVD Ripper
Special Offer - save $28.99: Magic DVD Ripper for only $49.95 (Full license + Lifetime upgrades)
This software is excellent and well worth the money spent to buy it. Guys you wont be sorry buying this product to backup your movies. I recommend taking both MagicDVDRipper and Copier as bundle. -- Gerald
Excellent product. I am yet to use a DVD ripper so effective and easy to use. -- Anuj Sehgal
Excellent program! Other dvd rippers gave me choppy audio and video, but this dvd ripper has always worked perfectly!
Magic DVD ripper is great for everything else. Bulletproof in defeating copy protection; good speed on encoding. I've paid for lifetime upgrades and would like to get this working at a higher quality. --- Randy Steck
a professional DVD ripping software available in the market for quite a long time. --- reviews from techulator.com