If you don't know how to rip/convert DVD to other formats, such as AVI, you can read this article and convert DVD to other formats with Magic DVD Ripper.
1. Launch Magic DVD Ripper and click the Convert tab.
2. Insert your DVD into your DVD-ROM drive.
3. Specify the destination by clicking "Browser" button.
4. Choose proper title, audio and subtitle. (Magic DVD Ripper will automatically choose the longest title and the first audio track. You may click to check if you chose the right title, audio and subtitle. You can also select a clip to rip there. If you want to rip multiple titles at one time, you may choose "Multiple titles" from the Title dropdown list to do that.)
5. Choose a proper profile from the Profile dropdown list. You can choose "[More profiles ...]" to see all profiles. (If you want to create a new profile or adjust some parameters, please refer to How to adjust the profile to get suitable quality and file size?.)
6. Change the file name if necessary.
7. Press the "Start" button to start ripping.
Just in 20-40 minutes, you can rip a DVD to other formats, such as AVI,VCD, WMV, MP4, and also device formats directly, such as Apple TV, PSP, iPad, so that you can transfer DVD movies to your portable devices.
Return to Magic DVD Ripper
Download Magic DVD Ripper
Special Offer - save $28.99: Magic DVD Ripper for only $49.95 (Full license + Lifetime upgrades)
This software is excellent and well worth the money spent to buy it. Guys you wont be sorry buying this product to backup your movies. I recommend taking both MagicDVDRipper and Copier as bundle. -- Gerald
Excellent product. I am yet to use a DVD ripper so effective and easy to use. -- Anuj Sehgal
Excellent program! Other dvd rippers gave me choppy audio and video, but this dvd ripper has always worked perfectly!
Magic DVD ripper is great for everything else. Bulletproof in defeating copy protection; good speed on encoding. I've paid for lifetime upgrades and would like to get this working at a higher quality. --- Randy Steck
a professional DVD ripping software available in the market for quite a long time. --- reviews from techulator.com